Showcasing my latest miniature painting. Tanglewood Spirit from Mage Knight game.
My main technique here was:
- base-coating with a brown
- wash with a black ink
- highlight/dry-brush with same base-coating brown
- highlight/dry-brush with a light brown
For the fiery eyes
- under-coat them with 'white'
- paint the center with yellow
- paint the around the yellow with orange
- dry-brush around the eyes with an orange on dark under-coat
Worm/tongue was my first attempt of layering.
- Under coat with white
- Base coat with a light skin tone
- Thin layer with an red-pink